SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 11, 2015

September 2015 Book Haul

captured and edited by me
I know what you guys are thinking, "why am I posting a September 2015 book haul when it's already in the middle of October?" Well for starters, I've been busy with my internship lately. Man, they really don't lie when they say work is much harder than college. Second, I've been really lazy during the weekends since I have to work during the weekdays I spend my weekends just sleeping and doing nothing. Therefore, some things got abandoned like posting in this blog regularly. But anyways, I am always trying to post something you know so bear my whining and just enjoy this book haul okay! I got shitloads of books to show you guys, a total of 24 books!

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
I bought this book from a Facebook bookstore that I stumbled upon, Sisyphus Books but I bought it from its Kaskus post. I saw that they were selling this book so I immediately bought it. I am building a collection of Donna Tartt's books. I already have The Secret History, now this, I just need to find The Little Friend now.
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson
This book and the next book were acquired from Anny, both of these books were sold in her marketplace post on Goodreads. I already own Jonas Jonasson's other book, so what the heck might as well buy his other book as well. I don't know anything about this book so this was an impulse buy for me.
The Circle by Dave Eggers
Another book that I bought from Anny. Different than the first one, The Circle has always been on my wishlist. The first thing that intrigued me about this book was its premise and the fact that I also love reading books that involve technology. Both of these books are in great condition for a secondhand book. Thanks, Anny!

Brazen (Otherworld Stories, #13.3) by Kelley Armstrong
This was the gem of September for me. I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway. In the details it said that this book is a limited edition, hardcover, leather-bound, signed by the author and the illustrator. I was so happy when it arrived in my possession because as I was not expecting it at all. This book arrived like two months after I won it and I was like "this book will never get here" but it did!! By the way, this book is also personally signed to me! AAAHHHHHH!!! So friggin' happy! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!



Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey
I got this book from the recent Drive Books, Not Cars sale in POST Pasar Santa. They have this great deal of buying a bag for Rp100.000 and you can grab as many books as you want plus you also get a bonus neck pillow. To be honest I don't know anything about this book, I grabbed it because of the award stickers on the cover of the book and because some of the blurbs in said that this book is comparable to To Kill a Mockingbird, so it must be good right?

So, I recently sold my Indonesian version of the Twilight Saga and when I saw the English version there on sale at the DBNC, with no hesitation I grabbed it all. It's unfortunate that I didn't find the fourth book though. I'm just going to have to find it somewhere else. I also like how the books match each other. Even though all of them are in the ghastly movie tie-in edition. Except for the novella.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson
Another purchase from DBNC, I got this because I have the first and second book of the series already and didn't have the third so I got it. They're all mismatched though, the first book is an Indonesian version, the second book is in mass market paperback, and the third is in the regular sized paperback. Now I just need to find the fourth book.
Rot and Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1) by Jonathan Maberry
I got this solely because of its cover. It's very scary and as you can see it is about zombies. Also the fact that this book is in hardcover and in pristine condition. Why the hell not? Oh yeah also from the DBNC sale.

Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant
I've always wanted to read this series from Michael Grant and fortunately I found the first book at the DBNC sale. You guys know I'm a fan of dystopias and this one has an interesting premise where the world is only inhabited by youngsters there are no adults at all. Quite intriguing if I must say, this series has a lot of books in it and I'm not sure yet if I'll have the energy to collect them all.
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
Another DBNC loot, since I've read one Sarah Dessen book and it was pretty good. So, I've decided to pick this one up. I heard that this title is one of the people's favorites therefore I'm excited to start reading it soon.

Graveminder (Graveminder, #1) by Melissa Marr
Another book I know nothing about. I came across it in the DBNC sale and saw that it was written by Melissa Marr and I previously have read a short story by Melissa Marr and liked it so I decided to give this one a shot.
Quentins by Maeve Binchy
I have always wanted to try reading a book by Maeve Binchy and I saw this book at the DBNC sale so I put it in my bag without thinking twice. Hopefully it'll be good, the synopsis sounded good to me.

Q & A by Vikas Swarup
Did you guys know that this is the book version of the movie Slumdog Millionaire? Because I didn't. When I was scanning this book in Goodreads I saw its other versions and one of them was the movie tie-in edition. Since I liked the movie, I grabbed the book. Hopefully it would be better? Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this book also came from the DBNC sale.
Fortress in the Eye of Time (Fortress, #1) by C.J. Cherryh
Again, another book I know nothing about that I grabbed from DBNC sale. I just saw that it is a high fantasy book and the author have won a Hugo Award so it must be good right? It's the first book of a five book series, which I don't know whether or not the fifth book is the last or will there be more books.

Noughts and Crosses (Noughts & Crosses, #1) by Malorie Blackman
I first heard of this book from Ben y'all know him from his YouTube channel Benjaminoftomes. I was intrigued as he said that he liked it. Luckily I found it hiding under the pile of books at the DBNC sale and it's also a special edition that includes the novella of the series.
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
I know you guys have seen me hauling this book before (have I?) I think I have. I hauled the Indonesian version but then I sold it because I wanted to read the English version (I know, pretentious right?). Luckily I found this book at the DBNC sale so I got it, hopefully I can read it soon when I have the time and interest!

The Final Judgment by Richard North Patterson
Picked this up not knowing anything about it and after bringing it home I still don't understand why I picked it up. Will I read it? Well probably I'll just sell it. Or should I read it first and then sell it?
Black Order (Sigma Force, #3) by James Rollins
It's a book by James Rollins with a high rating. So I'm intrigued about it. The people who have read it said that this book kept them up all night to finish and it was action-packed. Hopefully I'll like it too when I get the time to read it.

The Pact by Jodi Picoult
The next two books I also got from DBNC. I haven't photographed them yet because both are still currently being borrowed by my friends. So I got this because I want to try reading books by Jodi Picoult and decided on picking up this one when I was there.
I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle
I really liked the movie of this. It was the first time I was introduced to Hayden Panettiere. The movie was so funny like LOL-funny. I didn't even realize that the movie was adapted from a book before seeing it with my own eyes at DBNC. Really want to read this because it has doodles inside of it!!

Okay guys! So those were all the books I got in the month of September. Let me know what your thoughts on these books whether or not you've read any of them, or want to read any of them, anything really! I'd love to hear any comments from you guys!

© books-over-all ©

2 comments:

  1. Noughts & Crosses is fantastic. It's gripping and mesmerizing and I think it should be required reading for students. My daughter, a very picky reader, read it when she was 14 and loved it, and then I picked it up a couple years later and read it myself. Then I started hunting down the rest of the books in the series, which are a little hard to find here in the States. I still need the last two books, though the ones in between didn't all quite live up to the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you and your daughter liked it, makes me even more stoked to read it. I think if I ever get around to reading the first book and liking it I'll read the rest in ebooks cause it is also quite hard to find here in Indonesia

      Delete